How much do things cost in Poland?
When visiting a foreign country it is always good to know how much
things will or should cost you. Of course the city of
Warsaw and tourist spots like
Debki may have their prices inflated, but
to most people travelling from the UK or USA you will get yourself a
pretty god deal!
To check the exchange rate visit our:
The prices below are based on average venues, cafes, bars, etc. There
are obviously exceptions that will go above or beyond, but you will know if you have stepped into one of these venues from the surroundings!
- A litre of beer in a restaurant or bar : between 80p at a very
good price and up to and above £1.50
- Cooked breakfast including a tea/coffee : £1.50 - £3.00
- 10 minute taxi journey in the city : £3.00
- Ice creams : 50p - £2.00
- 2 course dinner including 2 drinks : £8-£15
- 3* Hotel for one night : £15 - £30
- 1 week car hire : £150 - £300
- Hire of leisure equipment (tennis or bikes) : £1.50 p.h. - £3.00
As a rule of thumb, think of how much it will cost at home and halve
Buying Property in Poland
Want to Learn Polish?